Sunday, August 14, 2011

Gavin's Birthday 6 Years Old

When Grammy and Grandad came to visit they took Gavin shopping for his birthday gift. And not surprising she spoiled them all with gifts. Gavin was very excited to get fun Lego's. It was so fun to have them come visit. I forgot my camera and took pictures with their camera. Hopefully Becky or Grammy remember to email me some hint, hint!
I start to wonder if Brody convinced Grammy to get Paris the Eeyore because he really likes it. He is always taking it away from her. Brody got a loud car flashlight. She thinks its funny to get the kids loud toys :) Gavin got some boat Lego's also but it takes mom a really long time to put them together.

Gavin turns 6 on Aug 16. We told him it was on Saturday though because he would think his birthday was boring if we did everything Saturday and then nothing on his actual birthday. Makes it easy when he doesn't know dates yet. We ended up taking him to Amazing Jake's for his birthday. I seriously think that was the last time we are going there. I think they switched managers because they changed the prices and it cost us lots more than the last time. Then half way through they switched the person working the Frog Hopper and they wouldn't let Brody on because he wasn't four yet. Grandpa went and talked to the Manger who said that he couldn't ride and shouldn't have been on the ride even though he is tall enough for it. Plus he rode it last year. The mean mom I am went and demanded a refund because that was the only reason why I bought the more expensive pass was so he could ride the Frog Hopper. Got back $7 and then the boys were pretty much done doing the rides after that.

Gavin really had the attitude of its my birthday and I can cry if I want to attitude. He wasn't happy about much. His birthday cake he wanted Transformers and when we got the cake he found out they didn't transform, so he was crying because he wished he would have gotten the tank that he got last year that transformed. Almost everything he was upset about. The one major thing I wish we could fix is Gavin being happier with life.

Brody and Gavin didn't want to go on any of the same rides at the same time. We finally convinced them to go on the t-cups together because we thought they would have more fun together. Well near the end of the ride Brody did not look well. He had his eyes closed looking dizzy from Gavin spinning so fast. When Brody got off he couldn't walk straight and then just started crying because he was so dizzy. Poor little boy. After that we convinced them to ride the train ride for awhile and stop spinning. Gavin can spin forever he wanted to go again.
Paris mostly just wanted to walk around all night.

Grandma and Grandpa Barrett gave Gavin a card with lots of dollars. That kid really likes money. Found out he took some to church so he could show his friends. He is either going to lose or ruin them if I don't take it in his sleep soon.


This is Gavin's birthday cake he picked this year. I have to hurry and take a picture right when it gets home because like this time. They carry it around to show grandma and grandpa, knock the toys in the cake, etc. So it usually doesn't stay pretty long. He was happy about his sparkly number 6 he picked out at the store.


We blew out the candles twice once for the video and once for the picture.

Brody figured it was ok to help blow it out the second round.

Gavin asked for an excavator set to build. I think Dad likes Gavin's toys just as much as them. They had fun building.


I love that Gavin sticks out his tongue when he concentrates.


Dads finished helicopter.

Happy 6th Birthday Gavin. We are so glad we have you, it makes life interesting and a challenge.

1 comment:

symony said...

Gavin is such a cute kid! If I would have known you told him it was his birthday saturday I would have called him then I was planing to call him tomorrow....shoot! Bad auntie again! ha ha ha cheyane stole Hudson's "sleeping frog" she gave him and now sleeps with it every night its pretty funny!