Friday, October 31, 2008

Waiting List for Edu-Prize Charter School


I put Gavin on the waiting list for Edu-prize charter school. Amy was sad because I decided to put them in this school instead of Benjamin Franklin charter school where her kids go. I like that Edu-prize is closer than and not as strict as Benjamin. The hours are wonderful he will probably be in my top choice of the morning schedule because he is on the waiting list 3 years early. School schedule is 7:30-12:15 the reason because they don’t have school lunch which is great I would rather feed him at home so he actually eats the food instead of just throwing it away and one less recess. I think this is so wonderful they can come home get home work finished still have time for sports programs and actually spend time at home. I talked to receptionist about doing my observation for my education class. The principle called me later and told me what I need to do for that and said to fill out an application for next year teaching. I had to tell them I still have two more years in school so maybe next year I could fill out an application for the next year. I think only teaching 5 hours is so much better I hope to get an in with the school. The afternoon schedule is 11-4. Next time I go in, I am going to ask about doing volunteering. I am sure Grammy and Grandad Parker will not want to hear future plans about still living far away. So, plans can still change but I would rather be prepared incase we stay.

6 comments:

symony said...

Wow sounds great! I would love to work in the school my kids go to!!! Good thing you have Mom and craig there to watch Brody for you if you get a teaching job!!!!!! Good job thinking ahead!

Becky, Matt And Colton said...

Sounds like fun!

Braydan and Jessica said...

So is a charter school different than public school? like more expensive? That's awesome you're on the waiting list already! Way to think ahead. At least you don't have to observe a bunch of freshman english classes. That was the worst!

Kaltaler Korner said...

We love Eduprize. Spencer is in the afternoon program and it is fabulous!

Travis said...

It sounds expensive but I guess that means you would get paid more if you taught there.

DuRee Family said...

sounds like a good plan! gavin will love having mom there at his school!